Advance and optimise your veterinary practice within just 12 months with a group of colleagues who desire success, happiness and business that serves their life. Stop being a slave to your business and make it a success for you and your family!
If you could solve your biggest struggle right now, with a flick of a magic wand, what would that mean for you?
Could you stop worrying that you didn’t do your very best by that patient, or that you won’t be able to pay all your bills this month?
Maybe for you it means you would actually get to take that vacation without worrying about things work falling apart into a million pieces because you dared to take even a short break. Would you pay off your student debt in one flick of your wrist, or instantly get rid of that client who causes nothing but trouble? Would you get a full nights to sleep every night without being robbed of your rest by that client who is never satisfied, or the toxic team member?
What would this look like for you?
Would it be a cohesive team where people LOVE to go to work everyday, a place where you are truly a team and have each other’s back? Or would it be seeing that horse relieved of pain by your treatment, with grateful owners, or would it be coming home after a productive and satisfying day to have your happy family greet you at the door, you step inside and notice that ALL the housework has been done, the kids are already in their PJs and a delicious meal is waiting for you on the table? You leave your workday at the door and get to spend time with the people who mean the most to you.
Maybe you already have all of this in hand.
You might have your life in order (an up to date living will, a clear plan for the next 5 years, a business manager who is constantly and consistently growing your practice). Or maybe you don’t.
So, who is keeping you accountable?
Did you know that we are the masters of our own life, yet most people are happy to take a back seat in this one, and end up going wherever the wind blows them?
Did you know that as highly educated and compassionate individuals, veterinarians mostly suck at business (because they get even less training in business than equine dentistry at university!) and spend the majority of their time completely stressed out and wondering why they got into this in the first place?
What if I told you that it doesn’t have to be like that?
In fact, that you can turn this ship around and have the life that you deserve, and the life that you designed? It’s not just probable, it’s not just possible, but it is entirely within your reach with a little guidance, thought and planning.
Hi, I'm Dr. Olivia James
I have been a veterinarian for 20 years, a dental nerd (by my own admission), and a practice owner for over a decade. I have seen the people who walked before me suffer from relationship breakdowns, bankruptcy, the crisis of confidence and disillusionment, and the daily struggle to deal with their heavy emotional and financial load.
Our veterinary-only forums (like Facebook) are full of our colleagues who are truly struggling right now, and this breaks my heart. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Early on in my career I become interested in the business side of veterinary practice and borrowed all the books, listened to all the tapes (yes they were cassette tapes, even before CDs and MP4s!) and attended as many business lectures that I could. I have spent 15 years and over half a million dollars on personal development, business coaches, bootcamps and masterminds. I even signed up to the Tony Robbins Platinum Partners program and spent 18 months travelling around the world to become a better person - within myself, in relationships and in business.
From face to face learning about the art of negotiation in Kenya (surrounded by elephants), to finance and politics in the ski-field playgrounds of Colorado with previous USA President George W Bush, to Warren Buffet, Robert Kiyosaki, Jay Abraham and (rumoured Rich Dad from Rich Dad, Poor Dad - he will neither confirm nor deny) Keith Cunningham. I was rubbing shoulders with people from 'the rich list' from countries all over the world, I flew in private planes (by invitation) and caught a helicopter to a private yacht to spend the day with people who thought that was fun, but not out of the ordinary.
I’ll telling you this not to blow my own horn, but to impress on you that by surrounding myself with these people, I began to understand in a whole different way how business works, and why some ‘great ideas’ work and why others fail and fizzle out to nothing. I finally understood why the 1% are so successful, and it ISN'T just because they work harder. I learnt the secrets on how to be successful both in life and business, and I want to share this with you. Because, after all, my primary question is ‘how can I help?’.
This learning is addictive. The reason I was happy to spend all this money (and trust me, at times it was a massive stretch) is because I got results, and I got BIG results.
When I took this information and learning and applied it to my life, EVERYTHING changed. I was able to fine tune my equine veterinary practice to over 60% profit from the time of startup, from a solo practitioner to having associates and a purpose built equine hospital. Some years it even reached 69%, but it never, ever, ever went below 60%. I was able to serve my patient and clients at the highest level, and I was able to be there for my husband and children in a way that I never thought possible. It wasn’t all roses of course, but by knowing what the top 1% know and implement everyday, I was able to be the captain of my own ship and steer the course of my own density.
<h5I heard a quote the other day that really stuck with me:
“If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.”
― George Monbiot
We are literally killing ourselves on the veterinary treadmill trying to be everything to everyone.
Did you know?
that the average profitability of an equine practice ranges from just 5-10%?
That figure is for a brick and mortar practice, but even ambulatory practices only average around 15%. For all those veterinarians out there worrying about debt, paying the bills, the threat of a lawsuit, the hours that they have to spend grinding away, just to make 5 or 10% profit? They would be so much better off putting their money in the stockmarket - they would get a better return AND not have to work. But veterinarians aren’t like that, they WANT to help their patients and they WANT to help their clients, they WANT to make a difference (plus as a profession I think sometimes we are way too good at sticking our head in the sand).
Did you know?
that the level of your success, happiness, wealth and vitality is the average of the 5 people you surround yourself with?
Who is in YOUR corner when it comes to the business of equine practice?
Do any of these apply to you?
- Do you judge the health of your business by the amount of cash you have in the bank?
- Do you worry when you aren’t fully booked that you won’t be able to pay the bills, and so you can’t enjoy your downtime?
- So overworked that you struggle to get through your workload, and at the end of the day are so exhausted just the thought of doing some study or work ON the business is just too much?
- Do you spend more time on brain-numbing activities like watching TV, gaming or scrolling social media than you do on your own personal or business development?
- Do you have no idea how to read your financial statement and feel really stupid each time you meet with your accountant, even though you are a really smart person?
If this is you, then don’t feel bad, it’s just that you haven’t ever had anyone to show you the way, or to guide you. If you HAVE had the opportunity and tried it a little, or even worse, you had the opportunity but didn’t take it, well, yes, then you should feel bad. "Nothing changes until something changes", and that change is only up to you and no-one else
How it Works
Step 1: setup a 1:1 meeting with me by clicking here
Step 2: we chat about your 3 biggest struggles in practice then discuss solutions
Step 3: We look through your fee structure to find out where you are leaving money on the table
Step 4: having found a way to instantly make your practice more profitable, we workout if the mastermind is a good fit for you, and if you are a good fit for the mastermind
*** If you think you can't afford this investment, you are the sort of practice we want to help the most!
Contact me to find out more
I want to make a difference in this world.
It started with an online equine dentistry course that has impacted thousands of people in more than 18 countries around the world.
You, the members in this course, are reaching out to me and saying that they feel like they know me (and yes it is fine to call me by my first name - that is the most common comment!) after spending all that time listening and watching lectures, it’s like we are all there together in your living room! So many people have been inspired by my journey, one person even said that they listened to that podcast and thought to themselves “I HAVE to have this person in my life”.
I have spent the last decade informally mentoring people in veterinary practice startup and optimisation, and fifteen years mentoring for veterinary equine dentistry. I do love it, but frankly, I was starting to burn out. Because there was no set structure, often it wasn’t until the building was almost on fire that I would get the phone call. I would spend most of my time with my colleagues talking them ‘down from the ledge’ of overwhelm and despair, and then all that would be left is a short time to actually discuss solutions to their problems.
Something had to change. I started to only offer a really short phone call, or struggle to be available due to the sheer volume of people needing help. This really hurt me, my primary questions (you will learn more about this later) is ‘how can I make it better’ and ‘how can I help’? This is my own driving force that is subconsciously applied to every single situation I am in. It is part of my blueprint and the very basis of my human nature. I wasn’t being true to myself, so I decided to do something about it, and here it is.
Here is your business mastermind for small, solo and micro equine practices. This isn't your boring, run-of-the-mill mastermind you can find on almost any street corner (if you don’t believe me, just google mastermind and count how many thousands of links come up).
This is a very specific mastermind, just for veterinarians who own (or who want to own) a small, micro or equine veterinary practice, who know that their practice can be better, they know that their life can be better, or at least SHOULD be better. This will only be applicable to a select number of people reading this. If this isn’t you, don’t be offended. Sometimes the timing isn’t right, sometimes other things in your life take priority, and unfortunately, sometimes people are just too scared to make a commitment, they think that it just won’t work for them because they are ‘special’.
‘Special’ as in they are MORE scared, or they have MORE problems or they have LESS resources or LESS time available for them.
The scariest thought in the human mind is loss - lose - never. What if you lose something important? Time? Money? Relationships? Something else? What if things never change, or never get better? Maybe it is safer to stay right where you are, and if nothing changes, then nothing will change (how does this make you feel? Here comes that all-to-familiar gnawing pain in the pit of your stomach)
For those of you that this DOES apply to, here’s the deal. I am going to take you on a 12 month journey. (12 months! Why so long? Can't we just do a weekend?). It takes 3 months to learn the mindset, 3 months to really understand how all this works, and 6 months to implement and really see the results of your hard work. Life isn’t going to wait for us, there may be a change in circumstances, a new baby, a practice sale or acquisition, or more . 12 months is needed because this isn’t a ‘quick fix’.
In a select group of like-minded people, I am going to show you how to master your mindset, become the person you always thought you would be if you could have it all, and to make your practice outrageously successful. Mastering your mindset is the single biggest outcome of the mastermind, because with the right mindset, you can conquer anything, in any situation.
This group will become YOUR group. In a highly private environment, you will be held to a higher standard by your peers who are also striving to improve themselves and their situation. We will be your cheerleader, your shoulder to cry on, your sounding board for ideas, as well as a guiding hand to steer you in the right direction.
We are going to start off with an easy win. By doing just ONE THING, I am going to show you how you double your return on the investment for this mastermind. Yes, it’s that easy, and it takes less than 10 minutes, but you need to know what is in the secret sauce.
We are going to dig deep and discover what is each person’s primary question (ie why they do what they do), your 6 humans needs (in order), and find ways to unlock not only your potential as a person, a veterinarian, a partner, a wife or husband, a partner or even a business owner.
I am going to walk you through how to find that ‘sweet spot’ for your practice, where your workload is just enough, you’re making more money (and more importantly KEEPING more money) and things just seem to flow. You might be surprised about your own answers here.
BECAUSE the entry requirements of this group are so selective, it is by application only (and just because you apply does not guarantee you entry).
What happens when you are a TEPC Mastermind Member...
After we have got to know each other we will have our first planning session and we will map out the next 90 days for your practice or situation. We will set your 2 short terms and 2 long-term goals, and every month we will check-in and keep you accountable on your progress. Everyone in the group contributes (and yes there may be tears). Have you ever thought how easy it is to solve someone else’s problem? The solution is so obvious! Yet we struggle so much with our own problems: sometimes we just need to get out of our own way and stop overthinking it.
Mastermind members who are also doing the online dental course will get an additional 12 months of the dental program for free (not bad, right!), ontop of your original subscription. This mastermind really is a combination of mindset, equine dentistry, and business management all wrapped up until one neat little package. You don’t have to worry about being overwhelmed, it isn’t a competition against others, you are simply competing against the person you were yesterday. Business is an intellectual sport, and what you pay attention to and devote energy to will pay off in a big way.
There is something you need to know, mastermind meetings will only be live. Even if it is 5 am in your timezone, in order to keep the privacy of this group and the energy that each person brings, sessions will only be available for live attendance. If this thought is holding you back, it's ok, you aren't cut out for this Mastermind. Is is really so bad getting up extra early just one a day a month? We know that watching things on replay just doesn’t get the same result, and that is even if you get round to watching it (most people won’t). The biggest reason that many masterminds flop is that the energy of the group drops (think “I’ll watch this later” or “I haven’t achieved what I wanted this month so I’m not going to bother to show up”). A rising tide lifts all boats and we will keep you accountable. I get it if you get an emergency and you have to drop everything for, and we have a secret solution for this.
Over the first six months we will be discovering WHY we do things the way we do, what is REALLY important to us, and where our confidence lays. We will determine who our ideal client is and chase these people hard, our personalised marketing plan, we will go deep into your systems and processes (yes even tiny practices have systems and processes) and how you can leverage your individual situation to get the best out of your situation. We will fire some clients (this is so liberating) and streamline our referral system. We will show you where to dig for gold, and where to NEVER put your energy if you truly want to see results.
This is my personalised system that is not available anywhere else. How could I possibly have achieved over 60% profitability, and maintained this for so long? Just think about it, for every thousand dollars that were billed in revenue, I keep $600 IN MY POCKET. This is after all the bills have been paid, wages drawn, equipment and loans repaid, and even after the tax man got his share. Does that sound good to you? This system works for any business, but it is especially good for veterinary practices and it is extra-especially (is that even a word?) good for equine practices.
Three of the practices in the first mastermind made MORE revenue in the first 6 months of 2021 than the entirety of 2020!
95% of the mastermind members have made back their initial investment at least four times over within the first few months, ALL are more profitable and ALL are happier with their work-life balance.
Within the first 6 months, some of the practices are already approaching 50% profitability. This is a proven system that works!
Mastermind Members will also get...
- Monthly mastermind meetings, with invited special guests for those topics where we really want to take a deep dive.
- My signature 'fast track' method with a bonus mastermind meeting in the first month so you can really get some traction and start seeing results sooner (because, hey. who likes to wait?)
- A support network of like-minded people who want to grow and succeed in life and in practice (you just can't put a price on this). We are who you turn to for help.
- email access to Dr. Olivia James for those urgent issues that crop up between mastermind meetings
One last thing. Whatever your driving reason for joining this mastermind, you will get it. HOWEVER, your real gift is getting what you NEED rather than what you WANT. The best bit is, you have no idea what this is (yet, anyway). Sounds like woo-woo? Perhaps. This mastermind will reshape you, stretch your boundaries, and grow you as a person. Welcome to your future!
- Monthly meetings with the same people in a high-level, facilitated group. Over 12 months we will cover the 13 critical things you need to know and do (and more importantly, we will hold you accountable for actually carrying out your action plan to and achieving your goals)
- Our signature ‘fast track action plan’, with 3 meetings in the first 6 weeks so you can really get some traction and some fast results
- Instant access to 3 new business and mindset lectures so you can get started immediately
- Access to a private facebook group where members can help and support each other. This is where the magic happens
- Capped number of mastermind members to maintain that intimate, supportive feel
- Receive a new business book pack as our gift to you (timed to surprise you when you least expect it!)
- Master the mindset that will make you successful in any situation
- Goal setting for you individual situation with an accountability plan
- Optimise your practice so it is more profitable, runs smoothly and has less dramas or hiccups.
- Learn and implement what the top 1% know about business, and apply it to your unique situation
- Fast track your business and personal success by only concentrating on the things that truly make a difference, and deleting or delegating those things that are just a time and energy drain
- Accelerate your financial success. If you make an extra $100,000 profit in the coming twelve months AND THEN DO NOTHING ELSE, that will be an extra 1 MILLION DOLLARS in 10 years time. Still think you can’t afford to sign up?
- Have more time to spend with your family and on leisure activities. You are not alone anymore
Mastermind discussion topics and monthly agenda
- 1 - Improving profitability by changing ONE thing (we start with this so you can see BIG improvements sooner)
- 2 - Work-life balance
- 3 - Understanding your financial statements
- 4 - Setting your KPIs and defining your Critical Drivers
- 5 - turbocharging your profit drivers
- 6 - How to automate and regulate for freedom
- 7 - How to adult as a business owner
- 8 - Decision making on equipment purchases
- 9 - Combatting missed charges
- 10 - Systems and processes
- 11 - Increasing referrals of A class clients
- 12 - Managing employees (with a surprise special guest)
- 13 - Identifying and mitigating business interrupters
Learn how to manage your practice as a business instead of an expensive hobby
Top 10 reasons to join us:
1) You want MORE than you already have, you want it to be BETTER
2) You are sick and tired of fighting the good fight all by yourself (it can be pretty lonely where you are right now)
3) You are working at, or near capacity, and just can’t see a way ahead, but you know that you aren’t satisfied with where you are right now OR you don’t have enough bookings, and stress out when you aren’t fully booked
4) You like, I mean REALLY LIKE the idea of being able to optimise your practice and have it all run smoothly
5) You want to be able to take a vacation without the wheels falling off or the income dropping dramatically
6) You want to be able to give yourself and your family a brighter future (here’s the secret, being comfortable or even wealthy doesn’t make you happy, but it certainly gives you more options than you already have)
7) You need a sounding board to bounce all those ideas off, and for someone to give you constructive feedback. You need someone to tell you which ideas will NEVER work and which ideas are PERFECT
8) There is nothing else like this available in the world. Yes there are other masterminds, but what does your practice have to do with a corner shop or a sportswear business?
9) Learn from someone who has walked the walk (not someone who can just talk the talk). I have been there in the trenches, and found a way to make it all work without sacrificing family or personal time
10) You know how to make things better, but just can’t seem to implement the changes. Things are good for a week or two, then they go back to normal
11) Be part of a movement that will NOT accept being overworked, underpaid and run off your feet just so other people can be happy (and yes this ended up being 11 reasons)
MY POWER GUARANTEE
If you don't achieve the results you commit to (and as long as you attend at least 10 out of the 13 meetings), we will have a 90 minute private coaching session to get to the solution for your biggest problem (value $1500)
Your 3 biggest objections:
“I don’t have time for this”.
You have time to eat, go to work, shower and sleep. Having time for the things that are essential for life are a no-brainer, but what about time for the things that make you THRIVE, not just survive? This is an investment in yourself, is there really anything more important?
“I can’t afford it”.
You can’t afford NOT to have this. Even in the first meeting, I am going to show you a simple way to make your entire investment back, and it takes less than 10 minutes to do. Seriously, it’s that simple
“This will waste my time”.
I get it, you don’t know me personally, why should you believe all the promises I have made? You don’t have to, but you need to know that if you don’t take action, you will be in the same spot in one year, in two years, to where you are right now. Does that hurt to think about? Good. It shows you are ready to grow and ready for this challenge.
SO IF YOU HAVE SKIPPED TO THE END, here it is in a nutshell: a 12-month mastermind only for veterinarians who want to grow, push the boundaries and accelerate their practice, and most importantly, have the life they want by design (not accident).
We will meet every 30 days (except for the first month where we meet every two weeks to ;REALLY get this thing kickstarted) and cover the 13 critical things you need to pay attention to in your business, and the MOST important things you need to pay attention to in your life to get you to where you want to be.
There is one final question you need to answer: Just how much do you want this? It is easy to get caught up in the hype, and believe that you can join us and with a wave of a magic wand, it will be everything that you want. No. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you will only succeed if you truly desire a better life, and are prepared to do the work.
Think of ranking yourself out of 10.
If you are 6/10, a 7/10, or lower, I would recommend doing something else. Take a weekend course or read a book on business. If you are a 9/10, a 10/10 (or higher, you overachiever, you), then schedule your 30-minute call with me so we can work out if this is going to be a good fit for you.There is no obligation, but it just won’t be fair on everyone else if you are happy to make the investment but don’t intend to show up as your best self.